How can I become Licensed as a Plumbing Specialty Contractor?
Anyone wanting to be licensed as a Residential Plumber contractor must have a minimum of 1 years experience under the direct supervision of a Master Plumber or properly licensed Plumber contractor.
To become licensed as a Plumbing specialty contractor in South Carolina, you are required to:
- File a written application as required by the Commission.
- Submit a certified check, cashiers check or money order for $100 for the application processing fee.
- Submit a letter on the company letterhead from your employer showing one year of experience.
- Pass the examination given by PSI.
- Pay a license fee and submit your test results and a bond if the work will exceed $5,000.
This license can be obtained without examination if the applicant is a current;
- S.C. Mechanical Contractor for Plumbing
- Or has a Master Plumbing licensed by exam from the South Carolina Municipal Association